Well, this was a year that God proved He really can do anything! I had no idea at this time last year what 2012 would hold for me, but once again I can say, “God proved His faithfulness!”
The health update is simple: My relationship with God has never been better. My marriage has never been better. Our family has never been better. Journey Church has never been better. Loveworks Leadership has never been better. My friendships have never been better.
So all that being said, that just leaves my body, which has been better. But I have to keep the whole picture in perspective.
Out of the three tumors, the one the doctors are most concerned about does not show any signs of being malignant. That does not mean it doesn’t create some major inconveniences in life, but again, keeping it all in perspective, we are blessed!
The tumor in the 8th cranial nerve (leading to my ear) is showing some growth again. We will monitor it, along with all the others, over the next six months and then decide what to do. All the tumors interface with many nerves, so any treatment plan could do more harm than good.
Many people have commented on how “strong” I have been throughout this process. Please do not fool yourself! There are many moments when I lay on the floor and weep to my God trying to make sense of it all. But after I weep, I stand back up and do the only thing I know how to do — live like He is capable of doing anything!
As we enter 2013 we will continue to monitor all the tumors every six months. But once again, the big picture is that we get to pursue our dreams like never before!
Thank you all for your support and love! We could not have done it without you!
First, I want to apologize for not being more consistent with updating!
Overall, I feel like I am functioning at about 50% of what is normal for me. There are still many challenges with coordination, but I have no doubt they will get better with time. One of the issues I am working through is the amount of energy that it takes even to do the small things. That is new to me and has affected the way I function quite a bit! I have always been able to juggle many things at a time and right now that is simply not a reality. So I do not take many phone calls, I do not add extra things to my schedule, and I do not allow things to distract me so that I can focus my energy on my health, my family, and my primary responsibilities at the church and Loveworks!
On Sunday, July 1, we were enjoying some time at the lake with Robin’s family when her Dad suffered a major heart attack. (During which Robin saved his life, but I’ll tell that story some other time. She is brilliant!) He has been released to go home and will have triple bypass surgery in the next 4 – 6 weeks. Needless to say, that has added to the load that we are carrying through this season.
You are amazing!!! Your prayers, encouragements, etc. have sustained us through this challenging time. We have never be more proud of all that God is doing through the ministries of JourneyChurch and Loveworks! The favor of God is shining on both and we will run after Him with all of our hearts!
How you can help:
- Continue to pray!!!!!
- Continue to support all of our great team!
- Be ready to rock and roll!!! I will begin teaching full time on July 29 and I am ready to run! (Ready spiritually; physically I seem to wobble a little bit.)
- Trust God to do far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!
Update from our family….
Happy Thursday!!! We pray that your family is having an incredible week as school ends and summer starts. Our family loves the summer and spending time playing together. Our kids are looking forward to lots of time in the water, hanging with friends, along with VBX, Summer Camp, and going to Haiti.
Pastor Clark is doing well and continuing to recover. I know that he is frustrated and ready to feel 100%, but he is improving everyday. Please continue to pray for him to be able to rest and actually sleep, also for continued balance and stability. We had a follow up appointment this week with the surgeon, and he is encouraged with the progress but reminded us that it will take time to fully recover. We are ready to be back to normal life and Pastor Clark is excited about being back and teaching on The Lord’s Prayer the month of June. We are looking forward to studying it with you on Sundays and with our small group, and hope you will make it a priority to attend and connect with a group of people.
Have a great week!! Robin
- ABOUT USWho are we? JourneyChurch.tv consists of a wide range of different people, from all ages and different backgrounds. Whoever you are you are assured a very warm welcome at Journey. Learn more about who we are andÂ what we believe. Learn more about our life together in Journey Groups or our Service Locations. First time to a Service? Services/Directions: North Campus | 8:45a, 10a, 11:30a, 5:30 | I-35 & Tecumseh Rd East Campus | Sundays 10a, 11:30a | 1330 E. Lindsey St., Norman
- TIMES & LOCATIONSNORTH CAMPUS I-35 & Tecumseh Rd Experience Times: 8:45am, 10am, and 11:30am View Larger Map EAST CAMPUS 1330 E. Lindsey St., Norman Experience Times: Sundays | 10am, 11:30am, & 5:30pm View Larger Map
- GIVEGiving cheerfully and sacrificially of our finances is part of our worship. As believers we are on a mission to point people to Jesus and are called to steward the finances God gives us toward that end. If you are a Christian outside our area and feel led to give above and beyond your primary giving to your local Christian church, we welcome and appreciate your support. If you attend JourneyChurch.tv, then this is simply another avenue to serve in a way God has called us to. One of the primary ways we serve God is by cheerfully giving God our “firstfruits”(2 Corinthians 9:7; Proverbs 3:9). The New Testament Scriptures doesn’t call us to a percentage but a principle. That principle is one of giving cheerfully and sacrificially for the sake of the Gospel. We thank those who help us meet the needs and pray that God would help us to use every gift for the furtherance of The Gospel. God bless you as we serve Him Together in all that He has call us to do. “Since you excel in so many ways–you have so much faith, such gifted speakers, such knowledge, such enthusiasm, and such love for us–now…
- CONTACTJourneyChurch.TV PO Box 722764 Norman, OK 73032 Ph: 405.217.8700 Fax: 405.217.8701